Flavor Fest Urban Network
Over the past decade there have been dozens of churches and ministries that have been planted and launched because they were inspired from attending The Flavor Fest Urban Leadership Conference at Crossover Church in Tampa, Florida. In addition there has been many other like-minded churches planted or transitioned that have a similar flavor. There is a new urban church movement that is growing around the world. These are churches and ministries that are doing things differently. While many older churches in the urban context seem to be dying these churches are thriving with new life. Some of the major things that make them distinct are that they are Biblical multi-ethnic, multi-generational, and multi-class churches. Many of them are innovative and creative that use the arts including Hip-Hop, R&B, Spoken Word, Dance, Film and more. Many of them are reaching a diverse group of unchurched and dechurched people in their cities. They are engaged in community outreach and making disciples.
Crossover Church and the annual Flavor Fest conference has been a hub for people of this tribe to gather, but it’s still an unorganized emerging tribe. Many of these leaders feel alone and are disconnected from solid resources to help them in their urban context. The Flavor Fest Urban Church Network is here to bring churches together and serve them with resources, inspiration, fellowship and networking. It also launched to help people find relevant churches in their cities as Crossover Church regularly gets visits, calls and emails with people asking if there is a similar type of church in their area. People can now easily come to the Flavor Fest website to see if there is a church in their area they can connect with.
How Can I Join The Network?
- If you are currently leading a church or you are planning/praying to plant a church or lead a church in the future – this network will give you tools, encouragement, community and more.
2. Fill out the profile form (see below) and our team will connect with you.
3. There is a yearly investment cost of $75 to join and participate in the network for you and your team.
What are the benefits of being in the Network?
- – The Network will provide you with innovative ideas, proven methods and practical resources for ministry in the urban multi-ethnic context.
– Monthly live webinar with Crossover staff on the second Tuesday Night at 7pm EST.
– Access to resources, forms, templates, and samples from Crossover Church.
– Discount for you and your entire team to the next Flavor Fest (October 4th – 7th, 2018).
– Discounts/complimentary tickets on select conferences, concerts and resources through our partners (Example – we offered some FREE tickets to Exponential East Conference this year – price was $199!).
– Exclusive Free Network Dinner at Flavor Fest 2018 on Thursday Night October 4th.
– If you are currently leading a church or a ministry – it will be listed on the Flavor Fest website where people can find churches that are part of the movement.
– You’ll be inspired and challenged as you connect and grow with other leaders in a similar context.
– You will see that you are not alone as you build relationships with other innovative leaders in the urban context. Join Network
THE ESSENTIALS WE BELIEVE
- About God: God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. // Genesis 1:1, 26-27, 3:22 / Psalm 90:2 / Matthew 28:19 / Corinthians 13:14
- About Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return again someday to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. // Matthew 1:22-23 / Isaiah 9:6 / John 1:1-5, 14:10-30 / Hebrews 4:14-15 / 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 / Acts 1:9-11 / 1 Timothy 6:14-15 / Titus 2:13
- About the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and Son. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under his control daily. // 2 Corinthians 3:17 / John 16:7-13, 14:16-17 / Acts 1:8 / 1 Corinthians 2:12,3:16 / Ephesians 1:13 / Acts 2:4
- About the Bible: The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of all truth for all Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. // 2 Timothy 1:13, 3:16 / 2 Peter 1:20,21 / Psalm 119:105
- About Human Beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme objects of God’s creation. Although every person has a great potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This sin nature (attitude) separates people from God and is the root cause of many of the problems of life. // Genesis 1:27 / Psalm 8:3-6 / Isaiah 53:6 / Romans 3:23
- About Salvation: “Salvation” is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sins through self – improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer for forgiveness can any one be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-willed lives and turn to Christ in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith. //Romans 6:23 / Ephesians 3:8,9 / John 14:6, 1:12 / Titus 3:5 / Galatians 3:26 / Romans 5:1
- About Eternity: The soul of every human being was created to live forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through salvation and forgiveness. Hell is eternal separation from God. Heaven is eternal union with God. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. // John 3:16, 2:25, 5:11-13 / Romans 6:23 / Revelation 20:15 / Matthew 1:8, 2:44-46
In the essential beliefs, we have unity.
“There is one body and one spirit… there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all…”
In the non-essential beliefs, we have liberty.
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls… so then each of us will give an account of himself to God… so whatever you believe about these things, keep them between yourself and God.”